
Sally and I stayed with Laura and helped get them ready for their final moment in Memphis. It was so good to be there. And taught me more about friendship. The day they left was not dramatic...just quiet and packing final things....bathing the girls one last good bath...a brunch with friends and then off to the airport. We all gathered around the Pinkstaffs for one last time to pray over them and said our good bye. How precious friendships are and even more so when we are able to walk through life with each other. And as Sally and I stood and watched the pinkstaffs go through security, until our eye could see no more, there was a final closer for me in leaving memphis....my season there was over and now new ones began....both for me and Laura. My time was both easy and hard, but that is the adventure of a friendship....and it's those adventures that touches our soul and changes us. Laura has touched my soul and I am changed because of her...and will be changed as part of me travels to India with her...i miss her so much, but I'm excited to see what lies ahead for both of us. We love you pinkstaffs!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home