The Pinkstaff Family had a huge garage sale...the 1st of 2 before they leave for India. And it was a lesson in many ways. I've been walking this journey with Laura (in the middle) as she has surrendered to following her husband to India, agreed to 3 years or more, faced opposition and accusations of being a bad mother to her children, and saying yes to leaving almost everything she owns material wise. WOW.
Laura is the closest friend God has given me here in Memphis and every day we are a part of each other's lives both in the big and small things. We have grown so much from each other in the last 3 years. We've experienced things of life and things of death. We've wrestled and often fallen together in how to live the gospel in our neighborhood. We've stood beside each other in fear and unbelief....and ended in belief and victories together.
So, the reality is that it is going to be so hard to let Laura go to India. There will be an aching pain as she goes so far away. But the lessons i've learned with and from her are ones that has changed me. I am not the same person I was as when i first met her. Today that reality hit me. As I watched the things precious to laura and her family be sold and given away....i saw those things become rubbish compared to the Christ they so greatly adored. And they showed me today that Christ was worth more than all i could ever possess from this world....Thus true life was shown to me in the "death" of their possessions today.
Thank you Pinkstaff family...thank you Laura, my dearest friend for showing me that Christ is enough. I love you laura!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home